Welcome to Yorkshire Bowen Therapy
with Linda Birnie
Linda Birnie trained and qualified with the European College of Bowen Studies and is a member of the Bowen Therapists European Register. She is also a midwife and is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Linda’s professional background spans over 30 years as a Health Service Practitioner. Her qualifications reflect her interest and commitment to people’s health and wellbeing. Her Bowen Therapy skills have been enhanced by her professional experiences.
- Bowen Therapy is time effective and cost effective. Three sessions is usually all that is needed to get the response you want.
- As a procedure, Bowen is very relaxing whilst losing none of its effectiveness in combating aches, pain and stress.
- Bowen therapy does not depend on the physical strength of the therapist. Only the pads of fingers and thumbs are used to apply minimal (gentle) pressure, rolling over various key areas of soft tissue, muscle and ligament. Many of these small movements are made during a treatment session.
- Bowen does not involve massage, deep tissue movement, joint manipulation, repeated pressure moves or the use of any oils.
- Bowen Therapy is undoubtedly unique, as it utilizes the body’s own capacity to rebalance and heal itself. These features promote Bowen as an ideal therapy for babies and children, pregnant women and for people suffering from chronic or acute pain.
Linda Birnie MSc., Registered Havening Practitioner, MBTER, NST, Post Grad. Cert. Medical Ultrasound (Obstetrics and Gynaecology), Cert. Education, *RGN., RM., *RNMH
Linda Birnie trained and qualified with the European College of Bowen Studies and is a member of the Bowen Therapists Professional Association (BTPA). Linda is a qualified Havening Practitioner, registered on the Havening.Org register. See also www.havening.org to read more about Havening. Linda is also a midwife and is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
I had never heard of Bowen until my friend told me. I contacted Linda who came to my house, as none of the other therapies had helped at all. I was in so much pain taking painkillers most days and struggling to do everyday things. By night I was in agony and could not sleep. After 3 sessions with Linda, I feel so much better. The pain has eased so much, I can even touch my toes and took my dog for a 2 hour walk – something I can’t remember the last time I did. Linda is an excellent therapist, very professional and explains everything. I will recommend Bowen to everyone.
Bowen Therapy is suitable for:
- Stress & Tension
- Sleep disturbance
- Recovery of energy, Chronic Fatigue
- Infant disorders – sleep problems, bed wetting, ADD, ADHD
- Infant colic
- Fertility problems
- Breast pain. PMT
- Digestive problems, IBS
- Neck and Back problems
- Shoulder and elbow problems including: Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), carpal tunnel
- Knee, ankle, foot problems
- Competitive sports preparation and injury prevention
- Hamstring problems
- Respiratory conditions, Asthma, Hayfever
- Headaches, Migraine, Jaw function problems
- Neurological events i.e. Stroke, Bell’s palsy
- ArthritisChronic medical conditions and much more..